Friday 30 January 2015

Big Cats






So as I have a little more time on my hands at the moment I've set myself a few projects and this was one of them. You guys saw the first I'd produced which was the tiger but last week I completed another 4.
1. Leopard
2. Cheetah
3. Tiger
4. Puma
5. Clouded Leopard
If you've never heard of a clouded leopard before look them up, they are magnificent. Of course all the others are too though. 
I wanted to capture how striking and beautiful these animals are. I was amazed as I was drawing them how different their features are too, from the shape of their noses to the length and colour of their whiskers. 
I'm also extremely passionate about these stunning cats because I know for a fact that at least 3 of these are seriously endangered, the others are still probably under risk. Can you imagine a world without them? How sad would it be for the next few generations to never have the opportunity to really understand them or know what they were like? The worst part is that it's humans who are affecting them the most, whether it's poaching or just the changes to their environment. I know what I've done are only drawings but at least I hope I've captured how remarkable these creatures are - if I'm only spreading the word by a drawing, that's better than nothing. 

There will be more on the way! As I'd mentioned these cats are endangered but there are so many more in the same position. This on it's own is a good enough excuse to try to capture their beautiful looks, but also because I want to. I'm a cat lover - always will be. So keep an eye out!

Anyone who wants one of these or has any requests, please don't hesitate to get in touch. These will be for sale and hopefully (in the not-too-distant) future will also be on my website! Email me for prices and details! In the mean time - I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment