So starting some development here. This is an important little poem to me so I want to get this book right and I'll probably keep re-doing it until I get it how I want it. But I wasn't too sure where to start so I started with a storyboard. It just allowed me to plan a little bit on how many pages I wanted and roughly what I could put on each page. From there I started to put together some dummy books and I promise that there are likely many more to come before I start my final spreads yet.
Dummy books …
I've also included here some doodles and development of how I'd actually like to illustrate this poem. It's obviously not a definite things yet but I was just messing around with a fine liner pen and water to see what affect I'd get.
I apologise for the quality of some of these images. I didn't have access to a scanner so I had to use my camera without the best light, but at least you get the general idea :) chao!