Tuesday 6 May 2014

Dissertation Submission







I completely forgot to tell you all about this! As you know, what often comes with a degree is a dissertation and this one is mine. The deadline was a good few weeks back now, but I thought I'd make it a post. I based it on fantasy art and myth and how they relate to reality (as in our world today). The point I was trying to make was that myths, whether they're creatures or stories, weren't just plucked from our imagination. They may have developed in our imagination but they came from somewhere. I also wanted to make a point on how much we still hold on to fantasy as a form of escapism.

It was quite a complicated argument but bizarrely it was definitely one I enjoyed. Special thanks to my tutor Sheena who was absolutely brilliant! She was ever so helpful and encouraging that for I wasn't as worried about writing an essay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment