Thursday 11 September 2014

Medusa was Beautiful …


Following on from my 'Metamorphosis' themed day and also gaining a rather unexpected surge of inspiration from an article by illustrator Chris Oatley (whom I will write about at a later date) I found myself drawing Medusa. We all know who she is, what she could do to men and how dangerous she was but thats exactly the kind of character Im drawn to - at leafs every so often. I think it's a sad, sad story and she's actually someone I feel sorry for. 

She's often described as a monster and is terribly ugly and gruesome but she wasn't always like that. She was cursed by Athena for falling for Poseidon and breaking her vows. I've heard slightly different versions of the same story but you get the gist. Regardless of how she's described, she's terrifying, but she's still beautiful.




Work in progress



No comments:

Post a Comment