Thursday 19 June 2014

Leaping out the Frame






We all come across random pages that we 'like' on Facebook but I have to say that I really enjoy the posts I receive from my most recent find Bored Panda. It's an Arts and Humanities website and literally posts about anything within this these topics - most of it mind blowing. It's very inspirational to say the least and certainly makes me want to do something, I just don't always know what!? But maybe that something will come eventually. 

One of their recent posts is about an artist who creates embroidered pieces of art that fall or continue to move out from the frame. Ana Teresa Barboza creates these beautiful pieces by weaving different threads together to create a landscape that literally spills out away from the original canvas. Almost as though two worlds are moulding, the one in the frame and our one - if you get what I mean. The time and skill required for these is incredible and it's a talent I would certainly love to have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment