Tuesday 30 July 2013

Eagle Heights

 
 
Eagle Heights, initially a bird of prey sanctuary, first opened in 1996 and since has expanded rather rapidly. I can honestly say that at the age of 6, literally around the same time as when it first opened, my parents took me and my brother there nearly every week as we fell in love with the place. On hard work, entertainment and donations they’ve now expanded and improved the facilities to provide many rescued birds with good homes and have a successful breeding program. Eagle heights now looks after around 150 to 200 birds at a time, along with other animals such as meerkats, cheetah’s and many reptiles. As much as I love to go for the air displays I visited this time for the reptiles. I was given the chance to get quite close to photograph them so I have a good few shots of their scales and skin which I will use as reference when developing my dragon characters. These images would probably be very easy to find on the internet but it’s different again when you view it for real which is why I felt it was important to include as research. Bizarrely, it’s also amazing at how the details and shapes on the reptiles give them such different characters. If I wanted to create a cast I could probably name the ones who would play the hero and the villain.
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment