Sunday 28 July 2013

Previous Project Inspiration

The Firebird appears
 
The evil magician Koschei
 
 
I have always been interested in fantasy which was part of the reason I enjoyed my last project so much. This was based on the Russian Ballet story ‘The Fire Bird’.

It allowed me to create the characters the way I wanted them and it opened a whole other world which was adventurous and magical. So it seems logical to go along a similar path with this fantasy theme but I feel as though the dragons can push me in different ways.

I don’t have to think about the human figure as there aren’t any people in the story so the ‘look’ of these creatures is completely open. I feel it’s this which will be challenging as I’ll be aiming to create something that is different but approachable, even lovable for the type of audience I’ll be aiming at.

Perhaps not as literal when I mean 'lovable' but appealing
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment