Sunday 8 December 2013

Acetate, Water colour and Cut-outs



Flowers and text





Unfortunately the last week was very slow going as I was lucky enough to come down with tonsillitis. However, it did give me plenty of time to think and a few ideas seemed to come to me naturally - or at least a bit more naturally. Amazing how the mind worlds when you're not trying!

So I started to play around with cutting out the text for the poem onto the pages instead of simply drawing it, but then it meant I could start putting things behind it too (This is what I hope to experiment with next!). I also rediscovered a load of acetate I had in my art cupboard and I starting drawing on that too, just to see what affects I could create by layering the acetate on top of the watercolour illustrations.

I like the idea of the characters (the kittens) interacting with the text which is something I'm going to keep in mind and I also want to continue with the idea of cutting out the writing. Hopefully I can get things moving again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment