Wednesday 9 October 2013

To Keep and Eye On!


I've been researching some other illustrators and blogs to follow and perhaps gain some ideas from and be encouraged by and here are some of the blogs I've come across.

One of my favourites is Signature Blog.
I could't find out a huge amount on what exactly this blog was about but it appears to simply be somewhere the blogger posts information on artists and illustrators that inspire them of all different styles. 


Another is Illustration Friday.
Every week a topic is suggested as a theme and from there artists, photographers, illustrators, sculptors etc can upload the things they have created  onto the site. This Friday just gone, was 'Underwater' and I have to say I absolutely love it! The things that people design and create are so inspiring, no matter who they are or what they do.

Finally for the moment, I'm also going to mention I Love Typography.
I've never really understood typography and I guess if I want to go into children's book illustration I should really do my best to at least start to understand it more, which is why this blog caught my eye. Not only that but the blogger, John Boardley, seems extremely passionate about it which keeps me interested too. 
'This site aims to make the subject more accessible, to bring the study of typography to the masses…"

No comments:

Post a Comment