Tuesday 15 October 2013

Module Plan

So I have finally managed to complete my plan for this semester! There may be a few changes along the way because of course these plans never stay the same but what I've got written here is pretty much the real and final thing. I wanted to keep you up to date with how I've come to this decision which is why I'm doing another post on this.
I'm obviously going to continue posting about all the things I'll be doing etc but I'll be flitting between two projects so I hope yo can keep up! I'm so excited about this semester so hopefully things will turn out well! 

So for one project, as you know, I'm going to be doing a children's book. The last time I spoke about this I wasn't entirely sure how to go about it or what to do. I was looking at stories such The Rainbow Fish and the Mog series but there wasn't a good reason to do that. Then I suddenly thought of a poem my Nan had written years ago, which is about persian kittens. Simply story I bet you're thinking but the amazing thing about this is that it's written with all the words in alphabetical order. I would give you a preview but I'm going to save it until nearer the end of the project ;)

Another reason why this will be so great for a project is because my Nan sadly died of Pancreatic Cancer when I was only a year old, so this is very personal to me. But she was so creative in terms of art and illustration and I'm also hoping that further down the line I'll be able to actually get in touch the Pancreatic Cancer charities and help raise money for them by perhaps selling the book. That's the idea!



For the other project, again as you know, I'll be doing it based on dance. I'll be going to loads of shows, competitions and classes to capture what goes on in all these different situations. I may even do a video diary or something like that which will be interesting as I've never done it before. 

I aim to get in touch with a few producers, directors and teachers to see if any of my work can be used in any promotional areas. I was also given the opportunity to dance with a top Ballroom professional Michael Reilly, who I have known for a good few years now through the Ballroom and Latin world, to dance with him in his lecture at the British Nationals this November coming. So I will be able to keep you updated on how my own rehearsals are going too!

That's me!

I hope you enjoy the next few months with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment