Friday 11 October 2013

Project Update


Okay, so I wanted to update you on the thoughts and ideas on what I'll be doing for my project this semester …

As you know I'm constantly torn between either dance and illustration or the two merge together somehow. I knew very early on that I wanted to give children's book illustration another good go but I've been missing the dancing side of things and how it comes into this course so I'd thought about how I could bring it in.

I dance very competitively with my brother and together we've been very successful, however the last year has been extremely difficult as my brother's been ill with stress, anxiety and depression. You can imagine how frustrating it must be wanting to do something you love but unable to because of something like stress which is very difficult to control. It's had a huge affect on me too but of course I love my brother to pieces so I've just wanted to be there for him. 

I did think however, this could be a very powerful motive to just do another project on what goes on behind the scenes in the dance world I know but also include my passion for it. So that's exactly what I'm going to do … another project alongside my children's book based on my love for dancing!


Let's see where these take me! The idea is that I do both projects as there both to do with my interests and whichever turns out best will help me decide which way to go for semester 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment