Tuesday 8 October 2013

Next!

A new year, a new semester, time for a new project. I know that I'm very keen on carrying with children's books so I've been doing some research into competitions where I can perhaps gain some inspiration from their brief or actually use it as my own. At the moment I would also quite like to do another project alongside it which will help prevent me from becoming to boxed in as an illustrator but we'll see how that idea goes for the moment. 

So here are a few which caught my attention. I may have to do a little bit of reading to understand some of the stories before illustrating etc but they sounded fairly simple (actually illustrating for a book isn't simple at all! But you know what I mean) and easy to follow, but remained fun.




The other idea which I intend to look into is actually re-write a fairy tale myself, very similarly to the Macmillan project but chose a less obvious story. So rather than recreating something like 'Cinderella' which has been done so many times I intend on choosing something different such as 'The Little Match Girl' for example. However, again I need to research further into the stories before deciding on one.

No comments:

Post a Comment