Tuesday 1 October 2013

Image Maker

Continuing on with the idea of putting my dragons onto other things besides a book I managed to use image maker to print some images of them onto fabric. Unfortunately on this occasion the results weren't the best but they were definitely worth the effort. In the future I think I would either practice more with image maker beforehand or go to a professional printing company to have them done properly. Here are some of the results I got though and I did print onto a tshirt! Was definitely good fun!


Here's an example where I first tried it out on felt. The final result isn't as good as my later attempts as it's difficult to see the image.








I also attempted the design on a tshirt which is also one of my favourite images too. If I was to seriously think about printing designs onto clothing I wouldn't use something like image maker, this was just a cheeper option. If I wanted it done properly I would go to a printing company as image maker makes the prints come out very stiff which on clothing isn't very comfortable.






Finally here are some of other experiments on slightly different fabrics - the more practice the better!







No comments:

Post a Comment