Tuesday 15 October 2013

Sarah Bryan Knows What She's Talking About!





We had a talk from Sarah Bryan today on how to go about work experience and placements and I have to say she was extremely helpful! She gave a us a standard list of all the things we should have on our CV and covering letter which on it's own was helpful enough but she was very clear on how to go about things and that it was actually okay to go and ask her for help. I know that sounds like such a strange thing to say but it is reassuring to know that actually you're not stupid, just not sure where to start with things.

So amazingly, this talk came at the perfect time because a few days ago I actually wrote to a few of my favourite authors and illustrators asking for some help and advice for both my practical work and my dissertation, and yesterday I actually got a reply. Matthew Skelton the writer of one of my most favourite books, Endymion Spring, very kindly replied to me and with a lot of help. I really wasn't expecting him to take time out of his busy schedule to reply to me but he did and he was brilliant! So now after asking Sarah's help I can reply and hopefully stay in touch with him as a contact.


No comments:

Post a Comment