Saturday 15 February 2014

Nous Vous

At the beginning of the week we had another visit from Nous Vous, a collective of three guys who have been working together for quite some time now. One of them, Nick, came to give us a talk on how they started, how they work and the types of projects they've been working on in the past. 

They are always commissioned to do pieces of work but also do participating workshops, exhibitions, talks and shows. 



What I felt was quite an unusual fact but also genuine and honest was that Nick explained they started together for fun, not because they thought that in the future they'd be able to turn it into a business. It's quite a nice thought however I would imagine that is also quite a rare thing. On the other hand why is it rare? The whole reason why I'm doing dance or illustration is because I (and I always have) love it - I always will. Another skill that Nick 'quietly' added into the mix, was that they or he plays music. This is again inspiring from my point of view because I've always had 2 things in my life - dance and drawing. So it's nice to know that these sort of combinations can work together. 

I've researched into some of their work and shown some of it here. Although they are three guys with different opinions, tastes and styles of working and drawing, their work somehow (as Nick explained) comes together, which I think believe is a real sign of a group of people who really enjoy their work. 


Great inspiration for my book. Another way to interpret animals - everyone has their own style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment