Tuesday 4 February 2014

Putting the Chinese New Year Together


How the front cover starts out - it's not my main concern at the moment! Will be later. 






Light and quick pencil drawings

Here's my first attempt at dummy book number one! My story may still change but I thought it was a good place to start. Putting ideas down on paper is better then leaving it inside my head and it gets the ball rolling too. I've just scanned a few double spreads. There's a lot I still need to change and I actually did this one wrong! For the Macmillan brief I have to do 32 pages including a front and back cover, 2 sets of end papers and a copyright page. By the time they've taken some space I'll be left with 12 double page spreads. In this version I did 13 by mistake but first mistake out the way! Now I can recreate it with 12.

As you might have noticed there's no binding on the book yet, no front cover, and the text isn't accurate either along with a few other things but this is simply to get the basics of the book down. Once there's a simply structure it becomes easier to develop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment