Thursday 13 February 2014

First Ideas




Here are some of my first ideas for the animals. This is the way I like to work but I can totally understand the advice given by my tutors when they say that it's very fixed and stiff - there's no movement in these images which is a shame because they're pretty, but any form of movement can't be shown when there's a solid pen outline. 

I wanted to put these up anyway, simply because although they've not turned out exactly how I'd hoped they're still part of my development and by going through this process it's given me some ideas about where to go next. What is important is that both techniques, the watercolour and the pen, area ays I like to work, so the challenge now is to recreate this in a way that allows some fluidity in the drawings.

The last few here I didn't get a chance to finish but you can see the process I'd go through to get these drawings. I generally start with putting the colour down first. 

The type of imagery that we liked was like this - I put the pen over the watercolour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment