Friday 7 February 2014

Ditto Press

We were fortunate enough to have a talk from Ditto Press last week. Ben who started the company gave us the talk and started right from scratch by letting us know about the things he loved and his early influences before he even knew what he wanted to do as a career. Even now, he doesn't plan on spending the rest of his career with Ditto Press - he'd like to make more things and get more involved with his creative side again, rather than just managing the whole time. 

Here are a few scribbles I made. Interestingly, I thought the notes I made were influenced by his talk and the way he was talking. 



One thing he did mention which stuck out to me was that he knew that he had to get noticed and the only way by doing that as an artist/illustrator was to get out there. While this was great advice it was also so general and I often hear that sort of phrase so I asked for his help at the end of the lecture. He was very understanding and simply told me to give things a go myself (from his own experience) rather than just wait for job applications to come to me. Go to people, experiment with publishing my own stuff - that way I'll learn better as I go. It's safe to say I came away feeling quite positive about the whole thing. 

Have a look through the website - they print some brilliant stuff!




No comments:

Post a Comment