Thursday 6 February 2014

Catherine Anyango Talk

A few weeks back we were fortunate enough to have Catherine Anyango visit the university and give us all a talk about her work. She is an extremely fascinating artist and illustrator who creates some beautifully deep, dark and emotional pieces of work. She was inspirational because she has explored many different mediums and hasn't been frightened to progress and try new things. She was also inspirational though because of the things she described during her talk. I've quoted her on a few things which made me feel so positive about my future as an illustrator along with attaching the link to her website. I thought she was a an amazing illustrator and so approachable and seemed fearless (that's it's okay to go wrong and learn as you go) - it was a huge encouragement hearing from her. 


"Doing these kind of projects, doing the things you really want … I believe in that."

"Strong visual identity."

"The more you make the more ideas you get."


"Don't worry - when I graduated I had no idea."


"It's quite hard to plan your career path. Things change a lot."


Roughs are important to do. "Roughs often look better - they're full of life and definition, the the final thing is 'dead'. I don't really know what the answer to that is."


No comments:

Post a Comment