Wednesday 12 March 2014

Frankie and Albertine


This much loved book was created by Christine Davenier a French illustrator, both illustrated and written. It was actually my mum who brought this book home for me to look at because she said that my work reminded her of it and I can see why. It's filled with beautiful illustrations which literally dance across the page. They appear to look like sketches with watercolour added into the drawing very much like my own. Not only do I think the illustrations are wonderful to look at but the story makes the reader feel sympathetic towards Frankie the pig (the main character) but with added humour. 

The best thing about discovering Davenier is that she can be a huge inspiration but she's also already out in the REAL illustration world, so I know what's out there. I don't want to produce work which is identical to someone else's, I want it to be my own. 









No comments:

Post a Comment