Friday 21 March 2014

Sarah Maycock





So as you know I recently talked about Tim McDonagh 's work. After his talk at MAD fest he very kindly looked at my own work and gave me his opinion and advice and suggested I have a look at Sarah Maycock's work. 

Sarah is yet another beautiful illustrator who I can honestly say I'm a little envious of - she has some wonderful work and I can only hope that one day mine will look as stunning as hers. Her drawings are very loose and free but the actual image is without a doubt clearly what it's supposed to be. The fewer marks she seems to make the more alluring the image appears. This quality which attracts to her work is what I'd like to aim to capture in my own. A fluidity and freeness that is so comfortable and pleasing to look at and ENJOY. 

No comments:

Post a Comment