Tuesday 11 March 2014

More Words!





Still continuing with some development as well as the dummy books, here are my most recent experiments using my ink drawings and a text which I'd quickly rewritten. Similar to Water and Words post but without the watercolour. I'm gradually getting closer to the final thing, it's just continually having to redo parts of the book. It's a little frustrating at the moment because once I get the images right, the text does't quite fit and so on. However this is an important part of developing a children's book so although at the moment it feels like I'm not getting anywhere with it, I release how important this development is. I'm actually also very pleased with the way it's going too and cannot wait to start work on the final images!

I realise the animals are facing the wrong way - I'd like them face the towards the right so they move fluidly with the book (when the reader turns the pages). I would also like the text to be more involved in the image somehow, rather than constantly displayed in a unified manner, but I think this development will have to wait until I've completed the next few dummy books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment