Monday 27 January 2014

Bird Inspiration

I said in the summer that I get a lot of the inspiration for the shapes and figures for the dragons from my two cats at home. This is true however I feel I should research into natural bird shapes, especially after doing my most recent experiment on the dragons with watercolour paints and black and white pen.

I have here a real mix of birds from eagles to swans, hummingbirds and parrots. I'm mostly interested in the shapes they create with their wings, so I've posted a long collection of images which I intend to use as inspiration. 









Although extremely different in the bird world, swans and Harris hawks seem to have caught my attention most. The Harris hawk is deadly, cunning and a little more sinister looking while the swan as we all know is romantic and beautiful and adds something softer. Both however, are wonderfully elegant.











No comments:

Post a Comment