Saturday 4 January 2014

Cutouts on the side







When I started cutting out the writing on my sliding pages I had a small section at the side which would allow the viewer to pull the colourful image underneath out easily. However this was just a simple curve. So I decided to experiment with other possibilities. Here I've only used very small sections of paper just to experiment with quickly, but I tried cutting out cat shapes instead to create some more interest. Some obviously work better than others, but I think this sort of idea, although only a very simple and small change, is more captivating and intriguing, especially for the viewer. I think it would have to change depending on what the text is describing and what the possible image is underneath, but still could work with the book very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment