Saturday 4 January 2014

Moving towards a proper Dummy …


Here are the images which I have done yet again for my final dummy. This time the pages aren't so long but I felt as though I could fill them with a better image. I wanted to try to create a little more movement and colour so there are places which I added splashes of watercolour by literally flicking the paint across the page and filled the empty space with anything (to put it simply). I think it also lends itself to the imagination, if that makes sense? The more loud colours added and swirls of paint the more magical the world the kittens live in is. 















There are places where I think I could've added more colour and places where there should be less but it's a little more progress and development. Looking at these images now I can see that they might be a little too messy if they were actually for a proper final book but this is still a dummy book so it's okay for now. If I were to do them properly then I'd do them to a much bigger scale so I could create more detail and really use the oil pastel and watercolour to it's best. Then I'd shrink the images down and put them in the book. Something to definitely think about if I choose to continue. 

I hope you like … ;) x

No comments:

Post a Comment