Wednesday 29 January 2014

Waterstones

So I was back in a book store today, looking at more children's stories. I have to say there are some brilliant books out there. Among some of them were 'Six Dinner Sid' by Inga Moore, one of my personal favourites 'The Rainbow Fish' by Marcus Pfister, a new one which I hadn't heard of before 'The Bog Baby' by Jeanne Willis and Gwen Millward, 'The Storm Whale' by Benji Davies, a brilliant twist of the classic tale 'The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig' by Helen Oxenbury and of course 'The Very Hungary Caterpillar' by Eric Carle. Another which I have to also mention is Alex Scheiffler, who has many books many of which I'm sure we all know including 'Rabbits Nap', 'The Stick Man', 'A Squash and a Sneeze' and 'Room on the Broom'.









It was interesting to see 'Winnie the Pooh' and stories by Beatrix Potter (which I think are quite advanced) in the 3-5 years section. Wonderful stories never the less.

I noted also that many of the illustrations were simple but still contained a lot of information. There was plenty to look at on the page. The illustrations which had more detail were clearly for an older audience but I found it comforting to know that there were still many out there. I like drawing detail so it's good there's some out there, but I just need to make sure it's my own thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment